Having a pool in the summer months is complete and utter bliss. It keeps you cool, it provides hours of entertainment, and it’s the perfect addition to any home that has room.
But pool upkeep and maintenance can be a bit of a hassle, and you want to make sure that the cleaning and maintenance you are doing is being done properly, otherwise you’re just wasting your time.
Here are some tips and tricks when it comes to vacuuming your pool so you can ensure it’s being done properly and is ultimately providing you with lasting benefits.
It’s a Step by Step Process
Assemble your vacuum head to the staff of the vacuum, then attach that to the vacuum hose and ensure the hose is in place.
Take the vacuum head and lower it slowly to the floor of your pool and ensure you sink the vacuum hose along with it. When you do this, it allows air to escape from the hose. You can check to see if you have accomplished this by determining whether water is running out of the hose. If the answer is yes, everything is in place.
Take the skimmer basket off and then connect the free end of the hose to the back of it.
Turn the main control valve off and then turn off the valve that is attached to your skimmer until you hear the pump activate. Open it ever so slightly so that you can hear the pump running smoothly again.
Maneuvering the vacuum is the same as what’s required of a home vacuum. Move it back and forth across the floor of the pool and suck up the dirt and debris.
When you’re finished, don’t lift up the head of the vacuum until you go back and open any of the valves you previously closed.
Three Pool Vacuums to Check Out if You’re in the Market for One
If you’re looking to purchase a high quality pool vacuum, be sure to check out these three during your search.
Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
If you’d like to bypass the need for a handheld and manual vacuum cleaning session, this might be the choice for you. This high tech robotic cleaner removes all of the stress that comes with a dirty pool and does the work for you.
This cleaner will actually scan your pool in order to optimise and calibrate the most efficient pathway around the floor and walls. It’s dual scrubbing brushes will provide more friction and it’s able to pick up both small and large debris.
– It promotes clearer water without the addition of chemicals.
– It climbs the the walls of a pool with ease and offers a very thorough clean that a lot of vacuums can’t provide.
- It’s worth the price, but it’s expensive nonetheless.
- Customers have complained that the customer support from the company isn’t great. If you run into any issues with the vacuum, this could become problematic.
XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum
This vacuum features ten different hoses that are included and is ideal for cleaning the bottom of a pool as well as the walls. It’s a hand held vacuum but no additional tools or electricity is required to operate it.
This is an excellent option for basic pool cleaning and is suited to pools of all different sizes.
- It comes with a 1 year Warranty for parts replacements.
- It is an affordable option.
- Customers have reported that they do not last as long as other vacuums.
- Customers have reported some difficulty with getting the vacuum to climb the walls of their pool.
Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
If you’ve got an above ground pool, this is the vacuum for you. It’s easy to use so even the kids can have a go at keeping the pool clean. It travels in precise patterns and gets all around the base of your pool to ensure a thorough clean.
This vacuum is permanently fixed to your filtration system, meaning it stays in place no matter what. To start it or turn it off, you need to plug it in and switch it on.
- This vacuum is super easy to use and doubles as a circulation system.
- It’s incredibly simple to install.
- It features a bumper ring to decrease the amount of friction that occurs between the vacuum and your pool.
- Once it’s installed, you can’t uninstall it.
Manual Pool Vacuum Cleaning Instructions
Not satisfied with our recommendations?
Check this list: 10 Best Pool Cleaners – Automatic Robotic Cleaners Reviews